As we move into the cooler months, The Navy Yard is still moving full steam ahead with 4 construction and renovation projects! The square footage of these four buildings together represents more than 218,000 square feet of new space at The Navy Yard, as well as over $80 million of investment. Keep reading for details on these projects!
1 + 2: Consortium for Building Energy Innovation (CBEI)’s headquarters & Penn State’s conference and classroom building: Building 661, the headquarters building for the Consortium for Building Energy Innovation (CBEI), is a 38,000-square-foot former U.S. Navy recreation center located at 12th & Kitty Hawk Ave. Called the Penn State Center for Building Energy Science and Engineering, the building houses the headquarters of CBEI, which just relocated from Building 101 last week. The second building, named the Penn State Center for Building Energy Education and Innovation, is under construction directly across the street. It is a 25,000-square-foot conference center and classroom building, expected to be complete in the early part of 2015.
3. 201 Rouse Blvd for Franklin Square Capital Partners: 201 Rouse Blvd. broke ground in fall 2013 and is nearly complete! This 80,050-square-foot, Class A office building, will serve as the headquarters for Franklin Square Capital Partners. Liberty Property Trust /Synterra Partners is developing this project, expected to be completed in early 2015. The building is located on 4.4 acres just south of the recently opened Courtyard by Marriott and will front the newly developed 5-acre Central Green park with various recreational amenities.
4. Commerce Center 3: The Navy Yard Commerce Center development team Liberty Property Trust/Synterra Partners is nearly complete with its last project in the Commerce Center. The building is designed by Environetics, offering 75,000 square feet of flex space, similar to the adjacent two flex buildings on 26th Street. The anticipated completion date in December 2014. This building was 100% pre-leased prior to the groundbreaking, and will be home to three international tenants: Clinigen, Ecosave, and WuxiApptec.
- - Ecosave, Inc., based in Australia, will occupy approximately 20,000 square feet in the new building. The company offers services to reduce energy and water consumption through building upgrades and ongoing Energy Management services.
- - Clinigen, globally headquartered in the United Kingdom, will occupy approximately 10,000 square feet in the new building. Clinigen is a specialty global pharmaceuticals and services business, dedicated to serving patients, the medical community and the healthcare industry to supply critical life saving treatments. Both Ecosave and Clinigen will use this new location for its U.S. headquarters operations.
- - WuXi AppTec, Inc., a long term Liberty/Synterra tenant headquartered in China, will expand its presence into approximately 45,000 square feet of the building, bringing its total space with Liberty/Synterra in The Navy Yard to 130,000 square feet. WuXi AppTec, a New York Stock Exchange-traded company of more than 7,000 employees, will manufacture cutting-edge cell therapies for its pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to treat cancers and other devastating diseases.