We partnered with two of our most unique fooderies to offer virtual opportunities to watch, learn, create, & enjoy some of the best food & drink the Navy Yard has to offer. Heat up the online oven and get behind the virtual bar for Mercer Cafe’s pizza making workshop and Bar Amis’ summer cocktail demonstration.
1. Margarita & Mozzarella Pizza Making Workshop
Roll up your sleeves with pizzaiolo Thomas Woltjen of Mercer Cafe at the Navy Yard for this online lesson for dough tossing and pizza making. Watch the workshop here!
Contact Mercer Cafe to purchase $25 pizza kits that include two (2) 14oz dough balls, cheese, sauce, flour, and instructions. Phone: (267) 457-5585
2. Spicy Gimlet & Mango Marg Pitcher Demonstration
Mixologist Marina Marx, General Manager at Bar Amis, offers the insider’s look at two of the best summer cocktails. Watch the workshop here!
Mango Marg Pitcher Ingredients
- 1 cup Tequila
- 1 cup Mango Juice or puree (can be any fruit, pureed – 1 cup fresh fruit to 1 cup water pureed)
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Lime juice
- Frozen: use frozen margarita for blending
- Not Frozen: fresh mango or mango puree for mixing
Spicy Gimlet Ingredients
- 2 ounce Vodka
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 ounce Jalapeno Simple Syrup (1/2 jalapeno sliced, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup water)
- Sliced jalapeno for garnish